The most famous Indian dish world wide.Butter chicken is usually served with naan, roti, parathas or steamed rice. Its gravy can be made as hot or mild as you like so it suits most palates.Re-create this rich, velvety, Indian restaurant favourite at home with the most simplest Butter Chicken recipe
- 1 medium Tomato
- 2 inch Cinammon Sticks
- 3 Green cardomom Pods (Crushed with rolling pin)
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper crushed
- 3 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 250g of butter (unsalted)
- 250g whipping cream
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 kg Boneless chicken
- 450gm Yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Mix all of the items mentioned in marinade together.
- Marinade for at least 4 - 5 hours, preferably overnight in the fridge.
- If you like it a little spicier just add some more garam masala and chilli powder.
- Chop the tomatoes and make it puree almost smooth in a blender.
- Add 1 tsp butter to the saucepan
- Place the tomato puree, Cinammon, cardomom and crushed black pepperin a saucepan.
- simmer gently for 30 mins.
- Cool slightly and then pass through a sieve to remove any seeds, etc
- Heat the oil and gently fry the ginger and garlic for one minute
- Add the marinated chicken and stir fry until the chicken is browned for around 10 minutes
- Add the tomato puree and butter and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the sieved tomato sauce and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the cream, mix well and continue to simmer until sauce is reduced, around 10-15 minutes
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with flaked almonds
- Serve with rice and naan bread.