4 hammour fillets or seer fish fillet
50ml olive oil
250 ml fish stock
5 gms black pepper
5 gms cumin powder
5 gms cinnamon powder
salt to taste
250gms onion sliced and pan fried
50 gms roasted pine nuts
5ml lemon juice
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and pan-fry fish fillet on both sides.
- Pour fish stock over and sprinkle all the spices.
- Add onion and simmer until fish is cooked
- Remove the fish from the pan and keep it aside
- Strain and reserve the juice from the pan
- In a separate pan,melt butter and roast flour over low heat till slightly brown
- Add 100 ml of the reserved cooking juice to make a brown roux
- Boil rice and remaining cooking juice together till the rice is done
- If required, add water to cook the rice
- Add lemon juice and adjust seasoning
- Serve fish on the rice.
- Garnish with nuts and serve hot.